19 minutes ago
*Father's Dont Babysit*
So today is one of the days when both mine and himani s office are working and dhaani s daycare is off. So this means it is one of those days when the both of us have to take leaves / half days and have our day in with Dhaani. We have had several such days in the past year since dhaani has started her day care and i wanted to put my perspective out on " Pappa s Day in with Dhaani"
My office schedule was a bit easier today thus i called in for a work from home. And himani has taken many such leaves when her workload is easier. So the first thing here is sharing the load , not only in the babycaring , household works but also in taking leaves from office if required. I was reading somewhere that working father's on an average spend 8 hours with their children per week. Compare this to the enormous 50 hours per week spent by the working mothers.
I don't want to stress on the numbers here, but it is evident that we daddies have a long long way to go in terms of sheer quantity of time we devote. So , taking an off when the opportunity comes to spend the day with your kid is a golden chance to improve on that number.
Another thing which helps is taking the day as a play date rather than a task which has to be completed. I include the following things during my day ins with Dhaani
1. Taking her out to the park and playing some games with her eg sandplay.
2. Playing some songs to her and dancing
3. Create some random stories to keep her distracted if she becomes cranky.
4. Singing her to sleep
5. If she starts missing her mum, get her to talk to her on phone.
6. Click some pictures of the day and ask her to participate.
7. Be a kid with her, in short. .
* Continued in next post
* For full blog , please visit my new blog post( Link in bio)