22 hours ago
Wilmington Town Pound: Originally built in 1814 when Wilmington was a small rural community, the Wilmington Town Pound was a stone enclosure used as a holding pen for stray animals awaiting retrieval by their owners. After standing for almost 200 years on a site near the corner of Glen Road and Middlesex Avenue, the pound was disassembled and removed in the spring of 2009 by the site’s property owners, without a care for its historical value. The town stepped in thankfully, and had it rebuilt nearby. Warren Newhouse did a superb job in reassembling the original stones into a structure that maintains the look and feel of the original Pound while creating a safe structure that will stand for generations to come.