1 year ago
Despite looking forward to the end of the holidays & the return of routine (Big Slice to work, piglets to nursery, me to you) now that it’s actually here, I’ve found myself in a really weird mood the past few days. Taking tip no. 2 from @liveinthedetails 31 Days of Mindfulness, I’ve done a spot of meditation to work out exactly what is ripping my knitting -
1. Festive Hullabaloo vs. January Lull. Christmas is such a busy time; family to see, gifts to wrap, Ferrero Rocher to eat. Getting used to that change in pace is going to take a few days, that makes sense.
2. Unemployment Enjoyment. I love(d) my job. I already miss getting the semi-corporate pink lippie razz on and going out to meet clients. Granted, I’m studying with a view to being self-employed come April, but getting used to being financially dependant again sucks utter BUM.
3. Discipline for Days. While we’re on the subject of studying, being a (mature, distance learning) student has reminded me that I’m actually really crap at knuckling down. I have the attention span of a Meerkat, always think I know better, and have reorganised my pencil case 40 times since October. The course is brilliant (hiya @digitalmums 👋🏼) but the fear of failing if I don’t step up & pull my finger out is very real.
4. Can Cook, Won’t Cook. Returning to work - albeit briefly - afforded the excuse to take my foot off the ‘homemaker’ pedal. Big Slice had to step up, but now I’m at home again, it’s back to juggling poop & never ending mountains of laundry. Trying to engage my brain to think of exciting meals for everyone, I can hear my inspiration cogs creaking with rust.
5. 10k Hooray. I recently hit a follower milestone on the old Insta. Believe it or not, 10k followers has always been my dream, so to finally achieve it, I’ve found myself in a bit of a “what happens now?” mindset. I feel like juggling the messages is becoming more untenable as the numbers creep up, which makes me sad because you share so many brilliant things with me and I don’t want to miss any of it.. 😔
And... breathe. You know something? I feel better already for whinging to you guys. But I knew I would, I always do. Thank you ☺️💖